The Repopulation is a Science Fiction Sandbox MMORPG which is currently in Late Alpha Testing. You should only consider purchasing the Early Access for this title if you are okay with bugs, possible interruptions of service, and in some cases fluctuating features.
In many ways The Repopulation is a throwback to the social aspects and sandbox driven gameplay that made titles like Star Wars Galaxies and Ultima Online successful. But it also integrates more recent innovations and introduces an array of its own unique wrinkles.
The driving force behind this game is choice to play the game in the way that you want to play it. The choice to play the game like a traditional RPG or in a more action oriented style. To advance your character through combat or peaceful means. The freedom to craft and harvest without being forced into combat. To act as a hero or a villain. A thief, diplomat, home builder, tamer, crafter, or an entertainer. To participate in Player vs. Player combat or to avoid it altogether.
Key Features Currently Available In Early Access
- Sandbox driven gameplay which never forces you down a specific path.
- Skills based advancement with over 75 skills to advance in including combat oriented, diplomatic, rogue, entertainment, trade skill, pet, survival, and advanced skills.
- Advanced Trade Skill systems which allow for a high degree of customization in crafted goods.
- Players can switch between RPG Mode or Action Mode combat at any time. Action Mode controls like a shooter, but it built on top of RPG mechanics.
- Create homes and build cities complete with vendors, props and defensive units.
- Dynamically generated content which will change based on how players react to the world.
- Unique three faction PvP system, where the third faction is allowed to set its alliances on a nation by nation basis. PvP is entirely optional with much of the world being completely protected from it and players being able to progress entirely without ever getting involved in PvP.
- Advanced generated mission system provides a neverending stream of missions which are customized for your character. They are purely optional.
- Social oriented features which provide bonus rewards when grouping or working together with other players.
- Vehicle system allows you to upgrade and custom tailor your vehicles, even adding abilities such as Shielding, Mines, Turbo Boost, or Combat abilities.
- Three different pet systems: Genetic Engineering, Taming, and Robotics.
- Engagement system which is similar to a mutating form of Public Quests.
- Persistent Seamless World.
Key Upcoming Features
- Customizable XML based interface and GUI improvements.
- DirectX 11 Support.
- Hardcore server ruleset.
- Re-integration of the Siege system.
- Underground levels for player created cities.
- Audio improvements as we move some systems from placeholder to final.
- Ease of use features to make the game easier to grasp for new players.
- Host Player Created Tournaments in your cities.
- Raid Interface.
- Microtransaction support.
- City Perks system.
- Graphical improvements, additional FX, and general polish.
- Balance, feature refinement, bug fixes and content.
Being an MMORPG the only way to play the game is online. We currently provide both US and EU servers and they are available as long as there is no scheduled maintenance or unforseen issues that do arise during development and testing. We strive to keep the servers up and running as much as possible, but patching as with any MMOs is needed and will require the servers to be down during the process. There might be other times the servers are undergoing maintenance and will require downtime and we will try to effectively communicate this as much as possible.
There are no current plans for player ran servers or single player options.
3rd Party Account
This game requires a 3rd party account to play. A key will be given to you by Steam to activate the account so you can see the list of available servers to play. Please be sure after you purchase the game to create your account and register the key.