VR Headset Discussion

home Forums Technology VR Headset Discussion

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JinxiJinxi
    Keymaster

Product Pricing Use/Used It
      Sony Project Morpheus ($???)
      HTC Vive ($???)
      Samsung Gear VR ($200)
      Oculus Rift ($350) Merith, Magnusson
      Microsoft HoloLens ($???)
      Carl Zeiss VR One ($100)
      Avegant Glyph ($500)
      Razer OSVR ($200)
      Archos VR Headset ($30)

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by JinxiJinxi.
      JinxiJinxi
      Keymaster

If you guys have any you wanna comment on from personal experience post it here. I know a few have tried the Rift. So many ppl spitting these things out in the next year that hopefully some of them nail it.

Participant

I’ve been digging the rift, still needs work and takes a bit of mucking about to get some things to run but overall a good experience.

JinxiJinxi
          Keymaster

You find it disorienting or give you motion sickness like so many seem to claim?

<-- Tried and SOLD FOR PROFIT!! I want vr like demolition man or judge dreadd

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by AvatarMagnusson.
              Participant

You find it disorienting or give you motion sickness like so many seem to claim?

I had a little bit the first night, but after I tweaked my gfx settings to just about get rid of the shudder no problems at all. I think mags just must be a pussy.

I’ve only used it for one night and found it to be a POS. Sell it while you can.

Participant

The HTC Vive is looking to be one of, if not the top contender with valve behind it.

But im also biased with anything Valve

JinxiJinxi
                    Keymaster

Oculus Rift 2016 Specifications

Resolution: 2160×1200 (2x 1080×1200) – Renders at an unknown higher resolution
                        Screen: 2x OLED, Global Update displays (1080×1200 per eye)
                        Refresh rate: 90Hz
                        Field of view: Unknown
                        Sensors: Unknown
                        Connection: HDMI, 2x USB 3.0, Unknown

Project Morpheus Specifications

Resolution: 1920×1080
                        Screen: 1x 5.7″ OLED (960×1080 per eye)
                        Refresh rate: 120Hz (using frame reprojection) / 60Hz
                        Field of view: Approximately 100 degrees
                        Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
                        Connection: HDMI, USB

HTC/Valve Vive Developer Edition Specifications (Consumer Version details Unknown)

Resolution: 2160×1200 (2x 1080×1200) – Renders at 1.4x (1516×1680 per eye)
                        Screen size: 2x OLED, Global Update displays (1080×1200 per eye)
                        Refresh rate: 90Hz
                        Field of view: TBC
                        Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyrosensor, Photocells (using Lighthouse base stations)
                        Connection: HDMI, USB 3.0

Oculus vs Morpheus vs Vive (Gamespot)

Participant

Was just looking at some of the new info on this today. Totally forgot about it lol. Looks like I will be taking a little bit larger loss on the dk2 than expected lol. Time to find the box and get it up for sale soon.

Participant

Here are my final thoughts on it. I need to upgrade my video card as the 680 does well but cant quite drive this to its potential. As far as the whole vr thing, no issues with motion sickness on the programs my system could run, got a little bit in Elite off and on, wasn’t to bad but that could be partly due to the anti nausea medication they have me on for the nerve disorder, or cause I’m just used to feeling sick lol. Either way after loads of research the issue is with my system and not with their tech. I did a good number of graphical tweaks both in Nvidias control panel and in Elite as well and got it to run smoothly, looked like ass but it ran without any tearing or stuttering and it was awesome at that point.

I will be ordering the consumer version after I do a bit of upgrading on my rig. All in all it was a great gaming experience, and when I got Elite running well on it was actually doing some good things as far as fooling my brain and dulling the pain from the nerve disorder.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.